Welcome to Crockpot Thursday, hosted by Trista from Andersons Angels and myself. Every Thursday we’ll bring you slow cooker recipes, and you can also link up your recipes to share! It’s a perfect way to increase your recipe collection, while having the added benefit of a recipe that has already been tried out by someone else.
Today I’ll be sharing a recipe for Beef Stew. My family loves beef stew, especially with a nice salad and a slice of crusty bread. The thing that I love most about this recipe is that you don’t have to brown the meat. The fewer steps, the better!
I’d love to hear if you try this recipe out!
- 12 oz red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pcs (about 2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pcs (2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges (1/3 cup)
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 10-3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen cut green beans, thawes
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place potatoes, carrots, onion, meat, condensed soup, broth, and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-4.5 hours.
- Stir in thawed green beans, turn to high setting (if on low). Cover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes more.