Ok, another crafty update! I’m trying to take full advantage before school starts in a couple weeks. Then I’ll be lucky to be able to do ANYTHING. So until then, I’m trying to get as much sewing and crocheting in as I can.
I’ve decided to make more kidlet dresses, and started with this one:
This is the first “real” pattern that I’ve used to make something, and it doesn’t look half bad, if I do say so myself. V loves it, which I guess is all that matters anyway.
Here’s a closeup of the fabric:
It’s a light green airbrushed look, with little butterflies all over. It’s a lightweight quilting cotton, perfect for summer! She was very happy with this, and has worn it a few times.
The hardest part for me was the sleeves. I totally messed them up, but luckily I was able to fix them so they didn’t look too bad. This was also my first time with gathering, and that’s something I need to work on, to get it even for next time. Especially since C has requested this exact pattern, with another fabric.
Thanks for looking!